16 Things I have Learned In My 20's So Far
My birthday is coming up! I will be turning 26 on Christmas Eve. I am really excited. No, I am not doing anything special, but it is always good to see another year. I feel so blessed. These past couple of years post-college have been a crazy, fun and exciting experience for me. I have learned so much about myself, my relationships and life in general. Here's what I've learned based on my experiences over the years:
- No matter how old I get, I am always going to be "figuring things out." So, I need stop trying to finish a race that will never end, and just live.
- I still don't feel like an adult....
- ......But then I am reminded how old I've gotten whenever my 19 year old cousin has to explain a new slang word or new dance move to me, and I still don't get why they were created.
- "Turning up" is now spent at home watching netflix on a Friday night, and I am not ashamed.
- Having "experience" outweighs my Bachelor's degree.
- Being selfish is totally okay!
- Being in a committed relationship is complicated and requires a lof of effort
- Budgeting is a must.
- I got to a point in my life where I don't care what people think.
- Friendships come and go, and its okay!
- Eating whatever I want is NOT an option anymore.
- Getting a good night's sleep is something I strive for everyday.
- Trying new things is scary, but exciting and rewarding.
- Despite seeing most of my peers doing it, I don't have any desire to get married right now. One day though.
- Being an introvert doesn't mean I don't have great social skills.
- What I wanted in life when I was 20 is completely different from what I want in my life at 25.
I would love to hear what you have learned in your 20s!