I want to live fearlessly. Living fearlessly to me doesn't mean a life without fear, but a life in which fear doesn't stop my dreams and aspirations. I have let fear stop me in the past, however, in the past couple of months to a year I have worked on dealing with fear and not allowing it to stop me.
I'll be the first to tell you, it isn't an easy task. It takes courage, self-love and will power to face your fears head on and do what makes you happy. You have to remember that 80% of the things you are afraid of NEVER HAPPENS! It is all in your head. Last year when I decided enough was enough, I made a list of things I would try to remember so I wouldn't let fear get in the way of my happiness. It was a daily practice for me. These daily reminders brought me to a place wihere I felt comfortable with the decisions I made for my life. I hope it does the same for you.
- Surround yourself with people who will support you and inspire you daily.
- Ask yourself - "What's the worse that can happen?"
- Have a plan - Write down different ways you will handle a situation that didn't go your way.
- Ask yourself - "What am I going to lose out on in life if I am paralyzed by fear? Is it worth it?"
- Remember (F)alse (E)vidence (A)ppearing (R)eal
- Don't think about it for too long.
- Take a deep breath and JUST DO IT.
- Write about how you felt after facing that fear.
What are some ways you combat fear?
Photos taken by the lovely Megan Weaver